About this job
The Professional Services Engineer will be responsible for implementing my clients data protection solutions customer enterprise environments. This is highly technical role with extensive customer facing responsibilities.
The candidate will work with cross functional teams at customer sites focusing on IT security, encryption, key management, and authentication in application and database environments.
Ongoing coordination and communication with sales colleagues, customers, and partners is required in order to capture customer requirements, define implementation scope, and engage with technical contacts/stakeholders. Projects may include training, integration and/or configuration of data protection technologies in existing customer environments.
The aim of these Professional Service engagements is to ensure the successful and optimal deployment of products within the end-user environments.
The candidate should have strong development experience and some project management/consultancy experience to meet the challenges of this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and develop solutions for my clients technologies to be deployed into existing environments where sensitive information needs to be encrypted
• Ability to present technical information to technical and non-technical customers
• Supports the sales process, working closely with sales to develop the technical footprint and to demonstrate the technical value of our solution to qualified prospects
• Provide feedback on general product enhancement requirements to product management and provide technical input to the engineering organisation
Qualifications & Experience:
• MSc, BSc or relevant degree required: Computer Science, Information Services or a related field
• 5+ years of professional work experience
• Experience in a direct customer facing (e.g. presales, consultancy) role
• Relevant security or professional certifications are beneficial; CISSP, CCSP, OCP, OCA, etc.
• Very strong database background (Oracle preferred, SQL, DB2 or other databases beneficial)
• Solid background in cryptography and experience in network security protocols
• Strong programming background and experience (Java, C++, .NET, SQL, XML, …)
• Strong ability to document requirements and to write technical response papers
• Experience deploying web servers, java application servers and database servers as well as experience in Windows and Unix operating systems is desirable
• Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices
• Experience with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and Cryptographic APIs like PKCS#11, MS CAPI/CNG, JCA/JCE desirable
• Takes pride in high quality and on time delivery
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English, plus ideally a 2nd language
• Willing to travel approximately 50-70% of the time in EMEA